Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Friday Friday Getting Down on Friday

Happy Friday!  Can you believe it's June?  This means that not only is it my birthday month but I also get married this month.  Craziness.  I don't know of any married folk read this (or if anyone reads this blog at all) but I have learned that although I am very much a Type A, I am not cut out for wedding planning.  I was seriously disillusioned into thinking it was an easy and quick thing to do and those that carried out the painstaking process did so because they enjoyed it and wanted to hold onto every second of it.  I have known people like this - who devote an entire year to nothing but every minute detail of one day.  In my honest opinion, it's pure silliness.  I feel like years from now people are not going to remember the decorations or what color my linens were.  They'll remember three things: if the food was good, if the party was fun, and if there was alcohol involved.  The third is a definite yes and I'm hoping the first two follow suit.  I am excited to not have to worry about scheduling meetings and trying to make decisions and harassing people to send me in RSVPs.  But moving on...

Back to Friday, which I have dubbed Forward Friday.  Things I am looking forward to this weekend: my good friend from high school's bikini boot camp class on Saturday morning.  It's a lot of fun, mostly because my good friend is a lot of fun and her boyfriend comes and me and him are uber competitive so we go head to head on a lot of the work outs.  I haven't been able to take a class in close to 2 months so I am excited to get back into it again.  I definitely prefer to work out alone about 80% of the time - it's my "me" time where I can listen to music and focus all of my energy into busting a serious sweat.  During the week, I normally do Bodyrock or the Zuzana Light ZWOW's.  Sometimes I make up my own little work outs incorporating moves from both.  About once a week I go for a run around the lake next to our house.  It's just under 4 miles to run to the lake, around the lake, and then home from the lake and on days like today when it's hot (90 degrees!) and muggy, you definitely work up a sweat.  It's such a rush to come home with my body screaming WATER MUST HAVE ALL THE WATER and I immediately crawl over to one of the floor vents in the living room to stand on.  Don't lie - I know you all do that too.

Other than boot camp, there isn't much else going on.  Usually I clean up the house and do some grocery shopping.  I plan on getting a manicure and pedicure, not because I need one (well I actually desperately do) but because I have my bridal portraits on Tuesday and I want to make sure I can disguise my half chewed up nails as much as possible, so that is reserved to Sunday with possibly one of my friends tagging along.

What are you getting into this weekend?

I would like to end this post with a thought about LuLu Lemon.  Have you been on their website recently?  Every once and a while I check them out.  I've been too scared to actually purchase anything because their stuff is expensive but I have friends who swear by them.  I took a gander last night and ZOMG I want all the things on their website!  They have tons of cute sports bras and running shorts and tank tops (which I really need with this heat - I can no longer run in t-shirts).  So if you have some money to spare, or you like to look at stuff and drool and dream like I do, then I would suggest hitting them up.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment