Thursday, March 12, 2015

I am (Still) Your Nosy Neighbor

y'all it's getting worse....


I had mentioned in THIS POST that I am incredibly nosy.  I love knowing everyone's business.  Well since we moved it has definitely not gotten any better....if anything it's worse.  Now that we live in such a large complex, I feel like I have the "in's" on so much more dirt......like the guy who drove the Navigator and used to go down to the garage to hot box his car practically every hour with the trail of weed following him.  Or the weirdo guy who lives on the 4th floor of our building and left his upstairs neighbor a real nasty note asking them if they had "elephant feet" (true story).  Or the douche who ends up at the gym the same time as me and likes to hoard ALL THE MACHINES (dude, seriously we have like 4 machines and 2 benches at the apartment gym - you can't have them all).  Or the couple who lives next door to us and goes from screaming at each other to screaming loudly while they have sex (hint: paper thin walls).  And then there is the story of the used condom found in the lobby by the mailboxes one morning.

Anyways....

What I am trying to say is that I certainly have not changed and now I feel like my vigilante mentality has now morphed.  Take the ongoing battle I have been secretly ensuing with my apartment complex.  LOL yeah secretive....why?  how?  Because I decided to become BFF's with the fire marshal of Arlington County and with his help I have been getting my way but with the county's backing.  It all started when the daycare in our building decided to build this monstrosity of a playground in the back space of our building (where the dogs played).  When the construction crew showed up, they built a temporary fence.....that ended up blocking the exit of our building!  Um hello...fire hazard.  Through my sleuthing, I found out that the Arlington County Fire Department is quite active on twitter so off to twitter I went.  I was able to get in touch with the FD and they passed along my email to one of their fire marshals and now the rest is history.  Some other issues have since popped up (like our elevators like to keep breaking WTF) such as our garage door broke and was held up by what looked to be dental floss for about 3 weeks.  After a week of praying the door didn't come crashing down on me, I asked my fire marshal friend if his expertise extended to garage doors, security issues, and potential liability risks.  Lucky for me, he responded a resounding YES.  With his gentle nudge (and the threat of some fine$) the garage door was fixed in the guaranteed 2 weeks instead of oh I dunno 2 months.

Here is what the door looked like:

Is that rope or dental floss?

So safe.  

You can barely see the rope/dental floss here.

Basically my car barely fit in and out of the door but now it's neither here nor there.  The shitty thing about it all is that I requested a discount on our rent for the month of March since we pay PER MONTH for our cars to stay in this safe and secure underground garage and yeah we were declined.  BASTARDS.  Oh well - my husband and I are counting down until our lease is up and we can move out.  

To end this vigilante post, I have to show one more picture....of Arlo's little neighbor dog-friend who is also a creeper.  When I see him peering out of the window at us, I imagine this is what I would look like if I had a window where I could sit and get the scoop on the neighborhood.  

Arlo's creeper friend in the window staring at us.


No comments:

Post a Comment