Monday, March 9, 2015

Photo Dump

Hello friends.  Sorry for the delay in posting.  Things (such as snow) got in the way of coming up with compelling things to talk about.  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  We got about 7-8 inches of snow on Thursday but then it slowly warmed up over the weekend, breaking into the 50s on Sunday.  Arlo and I like to go on walks so we took advantage of daylight savings and also the warm weather and decided to take a walk down to Freedom Park and the Netherlands Carillon.  You end up at the edge of Arlington but are sitting up high enough that you have a beautiful view of the monuments and of DC.

With the Netherlands Carillon - we make similar faces

The view from Freedom Park overlooking the monuments

Unfortunately, because of all the snow, melted snow, mud, muck, etc., Arlo's and I's adventure to walk to Freedom Park did not transpire.  Parts of the bike trail from our apartment to the park were still very iced over and made it difficult to walk.  We finally crossed over to the other side of Hwy 50 but as we neared Rosslyn, the sidewalks were still a mess.  Arlo and I decided to turn around and head back home but the first stop once we got in was to put Arlo in the bathtub so we could wash his paws which were now covered in mud and dirt.  

The snow on Thursday was kind of insane.  It snowed from early Thursday morning until pretty late at night.  Once the snow started to slow down, my husband and I took Arlo for a walk around the neighborhood.  My husband would throw snowballs at Arlo and he would try to catch them with his mouth but instead the snow would explode all over his face.  It was hysterical. 


Because of the storm, Barre class was cancelled so I dragged my Ugi ball and my jump rope to the apartment gym and did 2 different HIIT work outs totaling in 34 minutes.  The first HIIT workout was different variations of burpees, 50 seconds of work/10 seconds of rest.  The second HIIT was alternating different total body moves with the Ugi and doing low jacks with the jump rope.  I worked my calves so hard that they were sore until Sunday morning!  I found both workouts HERE.  

I love my Ugi...my jump rope is questionable.

I am going to end this post with one of my recent favorite pictures of Arlo.  It is what I would like to call "the creeper."  When I am watching tv in bed, I will hear the pitter patter of little paws come into the room and he will put his face on the edge of the bed and wait for me to give him the "OK" to come get in and join me.  

My creeper dog. 






2 comments:

  1. Arlo is adorable. I love the picture of him trying to catch the snow balls in his mouth. I don't think I could deny his creeper face, he would sleep with me every night. I hope your enjoying the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes! The creeper face wins every night. He loves to wedge himself between my husband and I and then try to push one of us off the bed! It's much warmer this week and springing forward has only helped!

      Delete