Monday, August 13, 2012

Clean Eating Challenge: Day 3

Did you know 3 is my favorite number?  Everything that happens to me in three's.  I also so happen to have 3 favorite numbers (3, 8, and 9).  My least favorite number is 7.  I feel like bad things happen to me around this number.  The more you know right, RIGHT?

Moving on....

Whoop whoop Day 3 of the challenge and I am feeling...well right now I am feeling pretty freaking hungry but that's because I am always hungry on Mondays.  An old coworker/friend of mine used to dub Monday's as the Monday Munchies because it didn't matter how much or what either of us would eat, we would be sitting at our desks dying of starvation, chugging water hoping that would help.  We came up with the theory that our food clocks got all out of whack on the weekends because we would sleep in a little later, then eat lunch a little later, maybe go out to eat and eat a little more than normal.  Plus, I don't know about you but I can never sleep worth a shit on Sunday nights.  Again, the whole sleep clock thing.  I have been trying to go to bed on the weekends closer to when I would go to bed during the week but I'll be damned if I am getting up at 6:00am on the weekend unless I absolutely have to.

Other than feeling tired and hungry, I am doing great.  I know I said I wouldn't weigh myself for a whole week but it's really hard to break habits and I am always a bit curious on Mondays to see how things shake out mostly because the scale likes to throw me for a loop and say I gained 2 pounds overnight usually.  But not today because I win - down another pound.  Wohoo!  Like I said, I am not actively looking to lose weight during this challenge but rather clean up my diet and hopefully get my body to stop craving sugar as much as it does.

Yesterday went really well which is good because sometimes when I am home, I feel like I should just eat all day.  I spent the day cooking up foods for my husband and I to eat during the week.  Sometimes our schedules get a little crazy and I always feel bad when I get a text from him asking what's for dinner and all I can say is, um you're on your own? because I don't want to admit that I ate pancakes again.  So I went ahead and batch made some food for us and then have some other stuff to make later in the week as we run out of (or get sick of) the foods I made.  I made myself some more of that stuffed peppers recipe I posted the other day because it is so OMG good and it's so easy to whip together and then pop in the fridge to eat off of.  I also made some more brussel sprouts (which this time didn't require a trip to urgent care like last Sunday's chop fest did) and sweet potatoes (recipe below).  I made my husband a traditional Egyptian meal that he loves and he exclaimed that this was my best one yet.  Score one for the American wife learning to cook ethnic food!

Lunch yesterday was a stuffed green pepper and then I had some raw almonds as a snack.  Dinner was a portioned size of grilled plain top sirloin steak with a little olive oil and spices on top.  And a dollop of mashed avocado.  Also I had 1/4 cup of quinoa and 1 serving of my sweet potatoes.  Then I had a tablespoon of almond butter (I like to enjoy it like ice cream - so weird yet so good).  I went to a friend's house to watch the closing ceremony and while the spinach dip and hummus looked tasty, I tried not to focus on the processed foods and instead made fun of all the performances (except for the Spice Girls because they are my favoritest). By the way, have you seen this?  I loled.  Oh Posh, never one to disappoint.


Ahem.

Today for breakfast I had leftover clean oatmeal pancakes with strawberry "syrup."  Lunch was a serving of grilled chicken with a serving of quinoa and brussel sprouts.  I came home from work kind of famished and have boot camp (yay!) tonight so I decided to have a snack of 1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cup water, a little salt (trust me on this one) and a handful of de-cored strawberries.  By the way, I got this strawberry de-corer as a wedding gift and I highly recommend it if you like strawberries.  It is SO easy and kind of fun to use.

It's from Crate and Barrel.


Dinner tonight will be some sweet potatoes and a stuffed pepper.  Whoop whoop.

I hope all you lurkers are having a fabulous Monday!  Please feel free to comment and let me know that someone (anyone?) reads this blog other than my best frand Tiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment