Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get In Line and Settle Down - Clean Eating Challenge Day 6

I love the new No Doubt Song "Settle Down."  I hated it at first and then I realized when I walk around the house, I sing the chorus to myself.  Then I found myself getting excited when I heard it on the radio or it came on my spotify playlist.  Now, I might be obsessed and I might sing the chorus to the dog to get him to get the eff out of my kitchen when he's begging for his 5000th meal for the day.  Seriously.  Does your dog do this?  We feed him twice a day and sometimes he tries to pull a fast one on me and give me the sad look like, ughhhhhhh I am wasting away from the inside, please feed me and then I realize, um hell no I was the one who fed you twice today, no bueno kid get out of my kitchen!

Moving on.

Almost a week down on the challenge and I am feeling great.  No major cravings or weird headaches from lack of sugar/processed stuff I shouldn't eat but I do anyways.  My hands are a little swollen today and I can't seem to figure out why - maybe it's the humidity.  It's definitely not my allergy.

Last night's boot camp was killer!  We did mini circuits within a big circuit.  Each mini circuit had 3 stations and you buddied up with someone and went through the mini circuit twice.  The mini circuits focused on one muscle group (biceps, triceps, abs, back, shoulders, etc) and when you and your partner were done with the mini circuit, you move onto the next one until you have completed all of them.  Once my buddy and I got into the groove, we really started knocking out the exercises but I swear I can barely feel my arms today.  It's kind of difficult to type and I feel like I am banging on the keyboard just to get sentences out.

I came home last night and had a stuffed green pepper (seriously addicted!), a small homemade hamburger patty with some mashed avocado (I needed the extra protein from the intense work out), and some left over sweet potatoes.  By the time I finished it was close to 8:00pm so I headed upstairs and far away from the kitchen.  I really don't like eating dinner that late but boot camp starts at 6:15 and I don't really like to eat before boot camp because I don't want to see what I ate for dinner so I try to keep my dinners when I do boot camp on the light side and low in carbs.

In other news, I am cutting my hair tomorrow!  Can I get a resounding WOHOO!!!!!!! It's been almost a year since I have been able to cut my hair.  Normally my hairdresser cuts it to my shoulders in the fall but because we got engaged last fall and my hair was already long, my hairdresser refused to cut it until after the wedding! I might or might have not offered her $100 a week before the wedding to cut it.  She still said no!  This is the cut I am looking to get.

Oh Miley you're so smiley
Cute, right?  My hair isn't blonde (and won't ever be again, although it has been this color blonde before - see picture below) but I think it will look nice.

 
Me on the left with my best frand Lindsey
My hair currently comes down to about my boobs - I really can't remember the last time it was this long.

Italy was playing - this was the Sunday before the wedding so June 24? These are my in-laws!  They're wonderful! I'm on the far left.
Yeah so see - this was in June and look at how long it was then.  Too long for me.  My hair gets to the point where I can style it and it just kind of lays flat because it's so long and heavy.  I had the anti-frizz treatment done to it in July and I love it!  I really recommend it if you have wavy and/or frizzy hair.  It doesn't get rid of the curl but it helps it from frizzing up so damn much.  And if you're like me and live in the South, then you understand what I'm getting at.

I am hoping work goes fast (but don't we all?) and then I need to go grocery shopping on my way home from work.  I normally hit up a few stores.  I use the Awesome Notes app and I love it because I can create different folders for each grocery store and then create a grocery list of what I need from that specific store.  If one store doesn't have what I am looking for, I can move the item over to another folder!  Genius.  I used to use just one list but I found I wasted time going back and forth through my list to see what else I needed from that particular store.  This makes it a lot easier for me so I can pop in and get what I need without spending a lot of time.  I try to plan my grocery list earlier in the day or even the night before.  I ask my husband if there is anything he would like or need for the week.  My goal is to get enough stuff so that I don't have to make 8 million more trips.  But that usually never happens.  Sometimes, I realize I have forgotten something a day later or sometimes I stumble upon a recipe I want to try and I need to get a few more things.  It happens.  I try to only spend $125 a week max on our food.  It seems like a lot for two people but you have to remember that I have a severe food allergy and have to buy specific foods/brands that usually cost more money.  I also have to buy everything fresh and that usually costs us a little more too.  But it's worth it in the long haul for my health and for my husband's.

Do you have any tricks for grocery store shopping?  Do you coupon?  I have a hard time couponing because again of my allergy but I find the whole thing kind of thrilling.  How often do you grocery shop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment