Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You're So Hypnotizing - Could You Be The Devil - Could You Be An Angel?: Clean Eating Challenge Day 12

- Katy Perry, E.T.

And now I have the Kanye rap stuck in my head.  Awesomesauce.

Speaking of awesomesauce, my friend Carrie and I signed up to do the Color Me Rad 5K at the end of October and our team name is Team Awesomesauce!  Yes, with the exclamation point.  It should be fun and I hope the weather cooperates.  I read Young House Love daily (ps - I am SUPER excited about their book coming out) and John did a color run not that long ago.  After the race, him and his wife Sherry framed his newly colorful t-shirt and hung it up.  Since I like to show off my race bibs, I thought this could be something cool to add to my race bib wall.

My race bib "wall" over the guest bed.  The map in the center is of downtown Raleigh where I do most of my races.
I used to have a TON of bibs but when I moved a few years ago, I got tired of packing so I just threw everything away.  Whomp whomp.  The bibs displayed are from the last year alone so I am excited to add to them.  I am doing this race in October, then the Turkey Trot again in November, then the Jingle Bell run in December, then the Krispy Kreme Challenge in February, and finally a half marathon in March.

Crazy, right?  I love to torture myself.

Boot camp was good today - it was a mix of HIIT and tabatas so naturally it kicked my butt.  My back is finally starting to feel better and loosen up.  I am not kidding when I say I brought my heating pad to work with me today and used it for the better part of the day.

Foodwise I am doing better - I had a small weakness and had some soy-free all natural butter (gross I know but seriously this ish is so good).  I just have to get back on the train.  My challenge is supposed to last until mid-September and I know I can make it.

One of my coworkers took me out for lunch today as a thank you for referring her to a position in our company (that she has now formally accepted) and we hit up a local cafe that is in the business park we work at.  They are a catering company that is open for lunch and they have the BEST food.  Everything is made from scratch and healthy.  You can get salads, sandwiches, and hot dishes.  They always have chicken, salmon, spanikopita, and vegetarian quiche, and then rotate through specials of the day.  When you pick a meal you get the option of 2 sides - today I got double fruit and had the mango salsa chicken (grilled chicken with homemade mango salsa on top).  Eating out isn't hard if you look for the right kind of options.  And a lot of times restaurants can answer questions (like if anything is jarred or canned in my case) and help me out or make it to my liking.

Here is what I wore to work today:

Don't you love my geek badge?

Or how about the bags of clothes/shoes for Tiff?

OH YEAH and my hair - I cut 6 inches off last Friday!
Halter Tank: H&M
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Belt: Tart
Jeans: Paige Jeans
Shoes: Navy Blue Tory Burch Flats

And here are some items I bought online.  What do you think?  

New black fitted skinny jeans from Victoria Secret

Size 2 - They're the Sexy Siren I believe

Here is my concern - they sit LOW and it gives me unnecessary muffin top.
So the jeans feel great and fit well everywhere but OMMG they sit so low on my waist that I get a little spillage if they get too low.  So I am worried what I should do.  I think if they stretch just a bit (they're not tight around my stomach but I wish they sat a tad higher) they can sit higher and then I'll be fine.  I might do a trial run and wear them during the day when I am home on Friday and see how they feel after a while.  If they feel comfy then I'll keep them but if not then I'll return them.


ASOS Gray Tulip Dress - US Size 4

Holy wrinkleness!

More wrinkles in the back.

Close up
I am seriously in love with this dress.  The last photo does it some justice but I think the wrinkles distract the eye from seeing how it fits on my body.  It's not too snug or tight (or short!) and the color is more of a periwinkle/blue-gray than a true gray which is fine because I feel like the color suits me well. I am going to plan to wear the dress on Saturday when we hit up some birthday parties and hopefully can stop downtown to say hi to some girl friends from boot camp who are going out.  

What do you think?  Do you think I should keep the jeans?  

No comments:

Post a Comment