Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Too Much of Something Is Never Enough - Day 4 Clean Eating Challenge

I'm getting better with the post titles - I am  currently listening to my friend's Spice Girl spotify playlist.  We have the tiniest amount of Spice Girl fever right now.  Did you watch their performance?  I loved it!  I think my favorite outfit was Baby Spice's.  I loved that color pink and the futuristic detailing on the shoulders.

But back to the topic for today.

Wohoo Day 4 and going strong.  I really hope I can keep this going and at Day 24 I'm not screaming "F U alllllllllll I want cookies!"  Like I have mentioned previously, I always do so well during the week when I am in the office because I pre-pack my meals the evening before and I am not tempted to snack or eat a bowl of honey (this is a judgment free zone).  I am trying to prepare for when my first wave of cravings hit because it's really just a matter of time.  I bought some bananas that are well on their way to being ripe and once they are good and mushy, I plan on throwing those suckers into my handy-dandy ice cream maker.  Yes, can you believe I asked for an ice cream maker on our registry and we got one?  I think I screamed and cried tears of joy.  Definitely jumped up and down going, "MY ICE CREAM MAKER IS HERE!!!!"

Boot camp was fun last night.  The weather has cooled some here in the great humid state of North Carolina down to about 85 and the humidity has broken up a bit so our trainer took advantage of this (and the fact that it didn't rain yesterday - seriously is it raining everywhere else because it rains here every.fracking.day) and went to Hemlock Bluff, a city park with running trails.  Running? HOLLER!  I am the best at running.  Plus, it was a new place for me so it was nice to have some new scenery to look around at.  Let's be honest, I mostly just stared at the ground to make sure I didn't come face to face with any snakes but my boot camp friend Brenda and I came very close to a huge buck.  It was kind of cool and then I got all paranoid that it was going to chase us like the zombie deer who chased my brother (which I will save for another story).  I don't know where my paranoia came from when running in the woods.  I have never been attacked (thank you Jesus) and none of my friends have been attacked but when I run at the lake next to our house, I am on constant vigilante mode, worried that some freak on bath salts is going to come out of the woods and try to eat my face (seriously crack head,  I am far too pretty to have to deal with this mess).  Maybe this is why I have been running faster lately?

Today is a "low key" work out day but I don't really know what low key means because when I went searching for a work out for today, I of course found some butt kicker of a work out and deemed it perfect for today.  I am going to do an oldie but a goodie Bodyrock.tv workout that I have done once before and if I remember correctly, this one is a lot harder than it looks.  You can find the work out HERE. This work out was done back in 2009 when Zuzana was still associated with the website.  Not to hijack this post, but in late 2011 Zuzana split from Bodyrock to go off and do her own thing.  And now I have more options of work outs to choose from so it all worked out (at least for me and that's all that matters).

Here is the work out breakdown:

5 Ninja Jumps
10 Elevated Bridge Lift with Left Leg (I plan on using a step stool)
10 Elevated Bridge Lift with Right Leg
5 Dynamic Push Ups
20 Bridge touches
10 One Leg Burpees (5 on each leg)

Repeat 5 times

I will need to go back and see what my previous time was but I saw on the website that Z finished the work out in about 22 minutes and I normally have times consistent with hers.  The beauty of the Bodyrock and Zuzana Light work outs is that most of them use body weight or minimal equipment.  When I first started, I didn't have any equipment except for some free weights.  I eventually purchased a weighted ball and my dip station because I felt they would help with my work out efforts and I am glad I purchased both but you have to figure out what works for you and how much you (financially) want to dedicate to working out.  Bodyrock's main piece of equipment is the sandbag and I found that I could easily mimic the movements with free weights and adjust as needed so it didn't seem like a "must have" in my book.  You just have to find what works for you.

After working out, I plan on taking a relaxing bath (I don't wash my hair every day.....again this is a judgment free zone!), cook some dinner, and hang out with my husband.  We're going to catch up on some sci-fi shows we enjoy (we are huge dorks) and then get to bed early because I have the joy of meeting with the realtor tomorrow about possibly putting my condo up for sale.  I am nervous!  But I will report back and hopefully with good news.  


No comments:

Post a Comment